Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

Another Dasher card

I have been looking at a few sites to challenge myself to make more Christmas cards.
It has been working!  I have about 4 now (ha ha).  I think I’d better hurry up and start mass producing a few!
I got the sketch for this card from Stamping 411.  It is another great, simple design, you should check out their site for challenges and helpful tutorials.
I was also inspired by a new site Inkspirations challenges.  Their challenge was a colour challenge, to use Real red, Old olive, kraft (crumb cake) and white.  Their design team are SO talented, you should check out their work!
I decided to combine both these challenges to make my Dasher card.

Picture 067

Ingredients :
Stamps : confetti, occasional greetings, dasher, winter post
Card : kraft (crumb cake), real red, old olive, whisper white
Ink :  crumb cake, versamark
Other : white embossing powder, clear embossing powder, old olive dsp (retired), ribbon (misteltoe), build a brad, circle punch

I clear embossed the little “snowflake” stamp from the confetti set on the real red (it hasn’t shown well in the photo but looks very pretty) and clear embossed dasher too. I embossed the saying in white.
Hope you’ve managed to make a few more Christmas card than me!
Kathy

13 comments:

  1. I never tire of seeing Dasher! This is a beautiful Christmas card! Love how you've put "Dec 25" in the build a brad :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful detail on this card. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh... i was just working with dasher today! I love your take on the sketch! Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great holiday card! Wonderful use of Dasher and the layout is fantastic .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for telling us about the embossing, it's so pretty already I can imagine how great it is in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nicely done! I miss that retired ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! I love the Build a Brad in the center of the bow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My Christmas Card count is about the same as yours...LOL!!! I love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty!!! Love how you added the 25th to the middle of the ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful balance of the colours, Kathy! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never tire of Dasher :) Thanks for playing playing Inkspirations with us this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Dasher and I love what you have done with him on your card!
    Well Done!
    Kirsty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great layout Kathy & the brad is very clever!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!