Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Dreaming of a white Christmas


I must really be dreaming of a white Christmas with all these skaters and snow flakes on my cards this year.  It has snowed in Hobart on Christmas day a couple of times but just on Mount Wellington I think, not actually in Hobart exactly. So it is extremely unlikely.  Even that is amazing though, when most of Australia would be in the 30 – 40C. range on Christmas day.  Someone in our local government even suggested Hobart build an outdoor skating rink, how fantastic would that be!!! (Not that I’ve ever skated in my life and probably never will, but my kids would love it).
I think snow would just add even more to the “magic” of Christmas.  Although I remember my Dad saying that I only wanted it to snow because I’d never had it, that it’s just dirty and cold and you have to shovel it off the path all the time. He grew up in Ireland and obviously didn’t appreciate snow and instead really enjoyed our hot Christmas in Australia.  I’d like to keep imagining that it is beautiful and magical though, so I will. 
Anyway back to Christmas card making……… this one uses another wonderful sketch from Stamping 411. It is this weeks challenge and there are a lot of beautiful samples to admire.

Picture 101

Ingredients :
Stamps : Occasional greetings, winter post
Card : black, confetti white, white, baja breeze, retired dsp
Ink : stazon, frost white shimmer paint
Other : pearls, hodgepodge hardware, photo corner punch, mat pack, piercer, whit pen, scallop trim border punch, organza ribbon, clear embossing powder

I managed to capture the shimmer paint a bit better with this photo.  You can see at the top of the main image how its shimmery and shiny, or looks darker (like the bottom of the piece) depending on how the light hits it.  I used stazon for the words but also clear embossed it, so it really stands out.
Wishing you a magical Christmas, no matter the weather.
Kathy

6 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, and the shimmer paint looks perfect! I'm hoping for a white Christmas too, and I live in New England, where we get a lot of snow in the winter...I still love it! If it's going to be this cold we might as well have some beautiful snow to look at, even if the shoveling gets old!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful Kathy! Thanks for playing along this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love that designer paper! You rocked the sketch! We get lots of snow in Ohio!

    ReplyDelete
  4. White Christmas indeed! This is just beautiful! Thanks for playing along at Stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can send you some snow if you really want it. We're expecting 8 to 12 inches tonight here in Minnesota. Ugh!

    Your card is beautiful. The sentiment looks amazing framed in the hardware!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh this is so pretty! I love the shimmer!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!