Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Joyful Monkeys

I had a look at the sketch challenge at Stamping 411 this week and it really inspired me to get creative.
You probably don’t immediately think of monkeys when you think of Christmas do you!  I don’t normally either, but I really love these little guys and I wanted to give it a go, they are so fun to play with.
If you haven’t ventured over to Stamping 411 (you should) they have all the dimensions for the card already done for you, which in theory would make life easier wouldn’t it, BUT, I don’t follow the directions!  When I saw the 3 rectangles I knew I wanted to give my joyful monkeys a try.  So I stamped and cut them out and was very happy with it but then realised that mine was not really going to be the same as the sketch because there was meant to be a lot of room underneath them. Their rectangles must have been a lot smaller. There was no way I wasn’t going to use my cute monkeys though!  So here they are, greatly inspired by the sketch, but a “little different” in more ways than one!

Picture 100

Ingredients :
Stamps : Party Hearty, Fox and friends
Card : wild wasabi, real red, white
Ink : early espresso, wild wasabi
Other : big shot, polka dot embossing folder, timeless type junior alphabet, rhinestones, mistletoe ribbon, clear rhinestone brad


Kathy

7 comments:

  1. Oh my! What a FUN card...love the monkeys! It does make a great Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just adorable. I love these little monkey's !

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute - it really made me smile. I can't wait to share it with a friend of mine who LOVES monkeys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is too stinkin' cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh I think this just might be THE cutest card I have ever seen!!! Fabulous idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun Christmas card. The monekeys are too cute! Thanks for playing along with the Stamping 411 Operators this week! Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is an adorable card, love those monkeys

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!