Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Peaceful mistake


Wow!  I just won another challenge, can you believe it?  It was from SU-Only Challenges for my Joy card.  I feel so honoured to have been chosen in their Top 3.  I’m lucky they don’t give awards for how many cards you make, just whether they’re nice or not!
This is another super quick and easy card I made using the Petals a plenty embossing folder.
Picture 123

I’d say it’s the ribbon that kind of “makes” this card. The stripy ribbon looks very nice “ruffled”.  All you have to do to get this ribbon effect is to put sticky strip on your card and then kind of make little mountains with the ribbon and push the ribbon down onto the tape to make the valleys. I hope that description made sense.
Ingredients :
Stamps : Occasional greetings
Card : whisper white, shimmer white, real red, old olive
Ink : stazon
Other : big shot, petals a plenty embossing folder, real red ribbon, dimensionals, clear embossing powder, sticky strip

The poinsettia background has the slightest hint of pink on it. It was from playing with my brayer on the last poinsettia card, I tried it again (so a third time with cherry cobbler) but I thought it was too pale. So I left it but didn’t throw it out because it did still look pretty and I used it to make this card.
So this one is a “making something good from a mistake” card.  It’s great when that happens.    
Kathy                

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!