Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Watercolour friend

 

Well, I haven’t posted anything for a while because I have been on holidays and just got home yesterday.  We went to 9 mile beach at Swansea and it was really beautiful.  We had absolutely awful weather (but I really can’t complain because a lot of people in Australia had it much worse than us last week that’s for sure!!!)

holiday

 

This is the girls enjoying the beach.  Can you imagine having a beautiful beach 9 miles long all to yourself?  That’s what we had right at our back door, it was wonderful.  We will have to go back again sometime soon and hope for some better weather.

The day we arrived was nice and the day we left.  In between it rained but luckily I had looked at the forecast before we went and knew it was meant to be awful, so I packed some stamping supplies for the girls and I to play with.  I took my Nicest Things set to do some watercolouring and when I got back I found a wonderful sketch challenge at Inkspirations that I thought would work well with the image.  Then I spent way too long making this card today rather than do the boring things that needed doing like cleaning, washing and unpacking!

Picture 152

 

Ingredients :

Stamps : The Nicest Things

Card : Choc chip, watercolour paper, very vanilla, baja blue, retired dsp

Ink : stazon, crumbcake, celery, baja, razzleberry, choc, pip, marina mist, blush blossom, neutrals crayons

Other : big shot, finial press, choc chip button, linen thread, aquapainter, scallop trim border punch

 

Praying that everyone affected by the floods has a friend, or makes a new one, to help them during this difficult time.

 

Kathy

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful photo of your girls at the beach. Swansea is certainly an idyllic spot. It's good they like to do a bit of crafting with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, what an amazing photo..it is gorgeous.
    Your card is beautiful too. What a sweet image and coloured so beautifully. Thanks for playing along with the Inkspirations challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling image and wonderfully coloured. Love the bit of punched trim on the sentiment panel. Great use of this week's sketch. Thanks for joining us at Inkspriations this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card Kathy & beautifully coloured!
    Stunning photo as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card, have been umming and ughhing over this set, but may have to pop it onto my wish list lol, lovely colouring.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!