Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Wedding birds

 

This is my final card for this months Splitcoast Stampers Creative Crew.

CCREW0611HF, CreativeCrew, SUO or SUM - Holiday/Seasonal Focus: *Love Birds* It wouldn't be right to have June, weddings, flowers, etc without the birds! Let this Love Birds Shower Ensemble inspire you! You do not have to do wedding cards, however you must use a bird.

 

IMG_1777

 

I decided to try using the Awash with Flowers set in a different way.  I embossed it with silver ep on white.  It looks very pretty in real life but the photo doesn’t really capture it.

The other new thing I tried on this card was the bow.  I made a double bow from organza ribbon, attached it with a vintage brad and then used my heat gun to “melt” it a little (like I do with the ribbon flowers).  It gave it a lovely “shabby chic” look.

 

Ingredients :

Stamps : awash with flowers, teeny tiny sentiments

Card : white, black, shimmery white

Ink : versamark

Other : silver embossing powder, pearls, bird punch, big shot, tulip embossing folder, organza ribbon, antique brad, word window punch, modern label punch

 

Kathy

3 comments:

  1. Elegant perfection, Kathy! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Kathy. The pearls add the perfect finishing touch. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ciao I arrived from Kirsty blog and many compliments for your beautiful creations!
    See you soon! Have a great week!
    Monica

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!