Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

Composition Books

 

This week at Just Add Ink we have a Back to School Challenge.

 

During one of my dreaded annual school book buying excursions  I found something interesting. OfficeWorks had Composition books for sale.  I have often seen altered composition books on US craft blogs and I have  wondered what they were and how they were different from our school stationery.  Perhaps they have been in Australia before, but I’d never seen them.  Anyway, they are just like your usual lined exercise book except that the cover is made of much sturdier card.  So they are great books to cover and keep. 

I bought a couple for my girls to give them on their first day book at school.  They both love to write and often write poems and stories at home so I thought a special book for each of them would be a nice back to school present.

I chose papers, colours and stamps to individualise them.

 

IMG_3491

This one is Keeley’s book. I chose this stamp because it shows two of her favourite things to do: writing and eating biscuits!  It actually looks like her a fair bit too!  Her favourite colours are pink, green and blue.

 

 

IMG_3478

 

This one is Kate’s (as you could probably guess).

She plays the violin and loves purple.

 

 

I gave the girls their books on Wednesday (their first day back) and they absolutely loved them!

It would probably be a good idea to go back to officeworks and buy some more of these and make them up for my girls’ friends for birthday presents.  It would be a good way for me to use up all the pretty dsp that I’ve been hoarding.  I bought these ones the first year I was a demo I think and I love them but have been keeping them for a “special occasion”?  I’m glad I’ve finally put them to good use.

I tried glueing the paper on at first but totally mucked that up, so I tried using the big shot adhesive sheets.  They worked much better!

 

Ingredients :

Stamps : CC Designs Cookie Emma, pencil,  Greetings Farm Chibi Violin

Card : white, wasabi, regal rose, bashful blue, subtles dsp stack, spring fling dsp?

         white, wisteria, subtles dsp stack, spring fling dsp?

Other : big shot, timeless type alpha, square scallop, tasteful trim, subtles button, copics, sanding block, big shot adhesive sheets

 

The rest of the JAI team have some great back to school ideas.  Please take a look and join in with our challenge.

 

Kathy

5 comments:

  1. They turned out so cute, Kathy! I bet the girls totally loved them. I know I would. You did such a great job with them. Maybe I should get brave and try again. My first one was so awful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll bet the girls loved them! They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous little books for your beautiful girls, Kathy. I'm sure they will treasure them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both lovely Kathy, great images & DSP colours. I'm sure the girls feel very special owning these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both lovely Kathy. I love how you tailored both of them individually for the girls. I'll keep this idea in mind for my Miss she just needs to be a wee bit older. Ha I still have some of this DSP too - still one of my favs as well!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!