Pages

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Wild About You Art Journal


I have something other than a card to share for Anna's Craft Cupboard today.

For Christmas, I bought myself and my girls Art Journals and we've had lots of fun creating together.

I must admit I've only done 2 pages so far but I've really enjoyed it.
The first was purely just experimenting with how paints and pens etc looked on the page.
Then I created this one and I was really happy with how it turned out :)




Firstly, I used Dylusions Paint and some Tim Holtz stencils to create a fun background.

I decided to do blocks of 3 different colours and then used an alphabet stencil over the top in the same colour paint.  I love this effect with Dylusions Paints!  The yellow didn't stand out as much as the other colours though and so I went over it with distress ink instead.

I also added some white and black dylusions paint to the background through some circle and arrow stencils.





I am hoping to use favourite quotes, lyrics and sentiments that mean something to me in my art journal.  And I love this sentiment from the MFT Wild About You set and decided to use it with the animals from the set too.

I stamped and coloured the animals with Copics to match the colours of the paint  and cut them out.

I then stamped this sentiment and used the Love You Die-namic from MFT with it as well.





I glued the elements down flat but they look as if they have a lot of depth and dimension because I drew around them with a charcoal pencil.  

I then drew a border around my page added a few details with a white gel pen and finally called it done :)




I love that I can use my stamps and dies and other crafty supplies in my journal.

While it's great making and sending cards to people, this is artwork that I actually get to keep.

And it doesn't have to be perfect, I can experiment and make mistakes and that's okay.

This journal is about me and is for me :)


I  really recommend giving art journalling a try if you haven't already :)

Kathy





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!